Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  B.Tech, I have 10+ years of experience in fixing email issues.
33602187

THunderbird downloads duplicates to the number (currently)

Customer Question

THunderbird downloads duplicates to the number (currently) about 6,130. I have deleted popstate.dat, inbox.msf and unchecked "leave messages on server" in account settings. Any suggestions? I'm using Thunderbird 52.2.0 in a pop3 account on Windows 10.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: NO.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Desktop, browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What I already indicated...
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

Please follow the steps given below:

A. Open Thunderbird. Right click Inbox. Choose Properties. This will gave you a window containing a button labeled 'Repair Folder'. click this Repair folder option.

B. If step A does not resolve the issue,

Please do the following.

Move all good emails out of 'Inbox' into another suitable folder for organizing. Delete all unwanted emails. When 'Inbox' is empty, right click on 'Inbox' folder and select 'Compact'.

right click on Junk folder and select 'Empty Junk'. right click on 'Junk' folder and select 'Compact'.

right click on 'Deleted/Trash' folder and select 'Empty deleted'.

You do not usually need to empty the Inbox before compacting, but if you suspect any corruption on that folder it is a wise procedure.

C. If not fixed,

Please login into your webmail account and delete the already downloaded emails.

D. Check date and time on the computer and correct it if it is wrong.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly if you can take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit), that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
None of the suggestions worked. Next step?
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

Change your webmail account password ***** then use the new password ***** Thunderbird.

Else, uninstall Thunderbird and then reinstall it again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sandy - I don't want to continue paying every time you try something else. What does my fee cover?
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

There is a fixed amount as safe deposit. There is no charge for new answer. You can continue here on this page without worrying about charge.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

There is no extra charge for new answers under this page.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Thunderbird?

I have provided you all of the best possible steps to resolve the issue.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this?

If yes, please let me know.

Else, if you can kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit), to credit me for my time, work and efforts, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.