Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

On June 9 I switched providers from TWC Spectrum to Direct

Customer Question

On June 9 I switched providers from TWC Spectrum to Direct TV. At the same time the installer helped me set up an email account with gmail but I can't send out emails. A box appears on the screen saying something like "cannot connect to Roadrunner etc. My previous email account was with Roadrunner but supposedly that was cancelled when I switched to gmail. Do you also do Screen share?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just since yesterday when we made the switch
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates such as?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Can we share the screen?
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This will depend on how they set it up? If they added it to an email client or are you using

gmail.com and getting that message?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. Fortunately, my wife was able to solve the issue. Again, thanks for answering but the problem is solved.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Again, I do not need help. Please disregard my request. Fortunately, the problem has been solved so I do not wish to continue with any assistance. Also, please disregard my credit card info I sent you. Many thanks. *****