Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am told that I have an email at outlook.com, presumably

Customer Question

I am told that I have an email at outlook.com, presumably when I started my account microsoft, but I can't access it and it is blocking may access to my microsoft account to reinstall Office after a computer repair. I use my current email address, give the right password ***** the product key which I have on my desk, but am refused because their is an outlook account with my name on it. Can you help please? No point asking for the precise date of purchase because have thrown out paperwork since is out of warranty for my laptop which I bought at the same time. Help please.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: For the last two hours today when I tried to re-download Office 2013 that I paid over a hundred euros for when I bought my machine
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through gmail
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried three times to access my microsoft account, then a long phone call when I was basically told they couldn't help me
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there anything they need? I have had the gmail email account for approximately the same time, and thinking back feel that the outlook business probably came in when I had to open a microsoft account, foisted on me if you like. And now they tell me that 'another user' with this accnt is blocking me
Category: Email
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to assist you.

Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Also please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

what is your current email address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

Hi I will check this and get back to you, thanks. Jay