Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I have an old hotmail account which i haven't used for

Customer Question

i have an old hotmail account which i haven't used for years, i don't know how to recover it. i have an email that is very important inside. i also forgot my login details for it
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: its been a couple of years
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: that account? with web browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried the recover link but it's saying my email does not excist
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, after 180 days of inactivity, your Hotmail account has been purged from the Microsoft server.

Since email addresses are never recycled, it will show that the email address taken but it will not be able to be recovered or signed into anymore.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i won't be able to recover my email in any ways?
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, no.

I completely understand your frustration and please understand that I am only the messenger in this situation. Google does not delete your email address after X days of inactivity anymore which I believe is a lot better system but Microsoft is still purging accounts after 180 days. I really wish I had better news for you.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.