Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

Gmail, I use a laptop so I suppose thats a browser? My query

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)? Customer: My name is Ron ****  gmail JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser? Customer: I use a laptop so I suppose thats a browser? My query is that whatever I file into boxes for tax purposes etc just disappears every now and then!what am I doing wrong and canI retrieve them ? N.B.I am 84 so not very clued up! JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: nothing except for trying to find a missing fie or box somewhere JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you? Customer: NO , just that I am frustrated as I MUST be using gmail incorrectly. However I can tell you that yesterday I bought a new AVG program that was downloaded by a technician from their side as I didn't know how to do it myself

Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I can see that you have a couple of issues -- What exactly can I help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Josh,
I would like to retrieve mails that I saved by filing into boxes on my gmail. They all seem to have disappeared
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Do you mean that emails in your Gmail account are missing now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
would it not be possible for me to do it with your help? Converting our currency to dollars costs a bit and I am old and retired.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what I am saying is that emails which I filed in the last few weeks have disappeared. Todays mail is all there. As are all mails in Inbox,Starred,Important, Spam and Bin , BUT when I file under names that I type in then they seem to disappear. Why is that and where are they now as I have NOT deleted them knowingly.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Please understand that I cannot tell you what happened previously because I was not able to witness how you saved everything or performed those tasks.

Go to your Gmail inbox

At the top of the page is a search box

Type in the name of one of the emails that are missing and see if it appears now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tried that but no results
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

On the left hand side, click on ALL MAIL (if you do not see All mail, click on MORE)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the last lot disappeared when I had a new AVG Unlimited installed yesterday by remote control.
If I click on MORE then LESS comes up. Nothing else
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Do you only check your emails through the Gmail website?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Click here: https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd%3D1

Fill out the form and Google will try to recover any missing emails from your inbox

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.