Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I can sign into hotmail from my tablet, my wife`s computer,

Customer Question

i can sign into hotmail from my tablet, my wife`s computer , but not my desktop. the outlook page just keeps loading , loading loading and then quits with a message , can`t sign in now try later.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: i got back from holiday on monday and it wasn`t working then.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser, MAN you type fast .
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Whats that ?? I`m a ludite !!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

You required to make a App password, from the computer on which you can able to sign in to your hotmail.

1. Get into your Wife's computer and sign in to your hotmail.

2. Log in to your account and navigate to your Microsoft Account Summary page. From the left pane, go to the Security Info section.

3. On the right pane, scroll down to find the section for App passwords. Then, click on the link that reads Create a new app password.

4. With the above step done, you will be taken to a new page that would display your app password. Copy the password.

5. Open the application that was refusing to connect (MS Outlook) and paste the app password ***** you have just generated.

If you are not able to do that, let me access your computer remotely, so that I can help you.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I`m not a trouble shooter. How do i find microsoft account summary page ??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I`m not paying ANOTHER $52 . I will call my credit card company and disallow the original $56 .
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

You do not have to pay any additional cost. I can help you without any additional cost. However, please let me access your computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry i do not feel comfortable with that .
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please follow the link below and try generating an App password ***** your hotmail.

https://account.live.com/Proofs/AppPassword

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That did not work . It went to if***@******.*** matches the email address on your account ..... I don't think it does that email is linked for my businesz to***@******.*** my main address .
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

You are trying to sign into the same account on your Wife's computer and Outlook. Right?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
SORRY , told you i wasn`t a trouble shooter . I`m on my computer, how did i get your messages on here ?? I`m confused. Can i try it on my tablet , that does work my email ??
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Are you trying to sign in to same hotmail address on both computers?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i`ll tried getting the code again from my tablet. It keeps going to my sub hotmail account not my main account. Can you just walk me thru , how to get to "microsoft account summary page " on my email on my tablet ??
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Are you able to access your main account from any of your computers?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am on my hotmail on tablet beside me.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please check the instructions and pictures from the link below.

http://www.guidingtech.com/21501/create-app-password-outlook-com-2-step-verification/

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
STILL DOES NOT HELP . how do i NAVIGATE to "Microsoft account summary page ' ?? What does navigate mean ??
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please go to the link below, on the link click go to the Security settings page for your Microsoft account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12409/microsoft-account-app-passwords-two-step-verification

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry you are not understanding me . When i go to "security settings" it goes to that same page "protect your account " . The email address that pops up on the 1st line "Email sm*****@remax.net " is NOT my MAIN email address , its just an add on address for my company to send emails to my main address ***@******.*** . I don`t know why this email address is popping up there , its NOT my main account address . If i enter that address ***@******.*** on the next line and click "send code" nothing happens , i don`t get a code. SO this is where i was supposed to "navigate" to ?? thats the step to cure my problem ??
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please do not go for the popes account, enter the mail account over there and sign in.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That didn`t work either. Its late here ,11:30 pm, time for bed.
Where you at Phillipines ?? Keep the money , you tried pretty hard.
Have a great day , or night, depending on where you are .
Good night , stefan merkal
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please be back whenever you get time. I do not get the money without you rate my service.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HiCustomer I am going away for a week . So while I am gone maybe get some help and see if you can figure out my problem with help from someone . Maybe I just need to contact hotmail and find out why***@******.*** pops up instead of my main email***@******.*** , In the security section. Thanks
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Could you please allow me to access your computer? There is no need to worry. You can see what I am doing on your computer and you can disconnect it whenever you want.

Thank you.

Customer/p>