Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I got a new computer and I'm attempting to use my Roadrunner

Customer Question

Hi - I got a new computer and I'm attempting to use my Roadrunner e-mail (*****@******.***) via Outlook 2016. I've set up an Outlook new account, but only e-mails of the last couple of days came in, not the ones previous to May 6. Why would that be?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Just the last few days, since I picked up the new computer (on Sunday, I think). I went back to Best Buy's Geek Squad to have them "bring in" the missing e-mails, but they couldn't do. I got further than they did!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All three! But I'm most concerned about my laptop because it's easier to type. I'm not concerned about my Kindle and Samsung phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went online and got the correct incoming (pop-server.ca.rr.com) and outgoing (smtp-server.ca.rr.com) servers for Roadrunner, and set up the account with those POP3 servers. What's confusing is that you have to indicate that you want current messages or archived. I tried both to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am getting new messages from the last couple of days, but not the previous ones. Also, I prefer the Outlook interface - but want to keep the Roadrunner a/c because I have used it for so many usernames.
Category: Email
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 4 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below box to post your response

Let me know when you are ready

Still waiting for your reply

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry - it was unclear what was happening and I clicked off. Problem solved, in any case.