Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Well, I did something naive and I need to know how to undo

Customer Question

Hi! Well, I did something naive and I need to know how to undo it or change it. I thought I could sign my brother up for a google mail account, but did it from my computer, not realizing it would associate it to my IP address. Is there a way to port it over to his or do we need to delete the account and start over on one of his devices?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All of the above about equally.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Did you read my question? I need to know how to port a new gmail account to some other IP. This is my first inquiry into how to go about this.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

You can sign up for more than 1 Gmail account using the same IP address then use the account on another computer.

For example, I have probably created over 100 accounts using my IP address without any issues.