hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician and am qualified to answer any email problems that you are experiencing.
40928634

Gmail from H.K. am not receiving, just few days never had

Customer Question

gmail from H.K. am not receiving
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: just few days never had email from hk before
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: home comp. and phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: pop 3 down loaded a app caller VPN
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i think thatss it
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Not sure why you downloaded the app caller VPN?

I would uninstall that before you start.

What is H.K?

What device is not getting email 'in' and can you email out?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok girl friend lives in Hong Kong. and i can't receive her email the only way i can is though a pay site that is much to hi. my comp. at home is a HP. windows 7 the one am on now is my work comp. which i do not want anything in stalled on it.

Ok, i will open this up to an expert with how to proceed with your VPN/previous installations

that can assist.

Please standby.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well am not on my home comp. and am think that op is turned off on it
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

let me know when you are at your home computer and I can connect and help you with the issue.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 5 months ago.

Hello there I just came back from HK and had no problem sending gmail. You don't need to use a VPN as HK doesn't use the bamboo firewall.

Firstly try to log into www.gmail.com

​If she can send email that way and she uses a programme to send email such as Outlook, make sure that the Outlook smtp and pop is configured correctly for Gmail such as the photos below.

Hello please reply to this question. You don't need to open another question. I'll get the other question closed for you.

​If she is able to send you gmails by logging into www.gmail.com and you are not receiving them, please check your spam folder in your email system to see if they are there. Are you getting emails from other people with no problem?

​If you send her and email and she replies to that do you receive it please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is the issue the site she on cost a huge amount to write and receive letters and they block out contact info.
I was able to get my email by address to her by code and she sent many letters and i never received any. I have let her know how to put in my gmail address and am trusting that she is doing it correctly. Is there any way to look for lost or blocked emails sent from Hong .Kong. to my address but may not have go through because of a cap was used or a dot?

Hello again from what I am understanding she is using a website to send emails to your gmail address? If there is a problem sending emails from this site then the best thing to do is for her to get her own gmail account and then go to www.gmail.com. There she can send you emails directly.

​If she misspells your gmail address but there is someone with that gmail, address then she won't get a bounce message because it would have been delivered successfully; albeit to the wrong person. However if the gmail address that she types in does not exist then Gmail will bounce it back saying undeliverable.

​The only entity that can investigate problems sending gmails from a site, is the site itself.