Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I cannot access my gmail account. Seems I have two (2)

Customer Question

I cannot access my gmail account. Seems I have two (2) accounts:***@******.*** and [email protected] - the latter being the active account I have been using. I cannot access***@******.*** because I do not remember the password. Can you please help me out here? Desperate!!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 3 or 4 days
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone and laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried logging in it asks for password, but doesn't recognize it. It sends a code, I type it in and it doesn't accept it. Apparently the code comes to the***@******.*** but Google is not recognizing that account. Go thru the process again and it sends code to the thompsonlindat.gmail account which I cannot open at all.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not know how I have 2 accounts. I don't know how this has happened. Have had no trouble with***@******.*** in the past.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happened when you tried to reset the password?

Please let me know