Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I need to refresh my e-mail back to April 1 2017 because I

Customer Question

I need to refresh my e-mail back to April 1 2017 because I lost an e mail I need
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: G mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through chrome
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked in the trash- and entered the name of the one that wrote the e mail in the search window.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry I lost you for a minute --the answer is no that's all
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

I'm afraid you cannot refresh your email back to a date like you can with your computer - the emails are stored on an IMAP or POP (email) server and the end user has no control of that once an action has been taken, like a delete.

The only way you would be able to recover such emails would be if you used email software like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird to check your emails, giving your computer a chance to store it locally.

If you check your email through Chrome like you mentioned then it wont be recoverable unfortunately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Does this make sense?