Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Someone calls and says they are windows. They want me to

Customer Question

Someone calls and says they are windows. They want me to check my License Number. Is this legitimate?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: AOL
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You are definitely listening to scammers. That is not windows. Windows has no idea

what your license number is. Microsoft has you register it, they dont have people call you

afterwards.

Did you give them any info at all, give them a check, agree to anything or let them in your

pc?

Also, i can look up that number for you too if you have it?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.