Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am trying to track down an account I had many years ago, I

Customer Question

I am trying to track down an account I had many years ago, I registered under my email of***@******.***.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: charter.net
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I now use gmail. I no longer have the charter account
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the forgot password. I now have another account, they obviously are not linked.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Email
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Just to clarify, which account exactly are you trying to login to? Charter or Google?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the charter account however I no longer have access to it, I wanted to see if I can get access and change its registration to another email account.
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

you mean you want to forward emails from that account? or are you planning to use it for something?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to access my Origin account that was registered to a no longer used email account (charter.net) and register that Origin account to my current Google account. that is all I am trying to do. Can you assist?
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

if I understand you correctly, you want to use same email address *****@******.***, but receive its email in Gmail?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO, this has nothing to do with accessing the charter account, I am trying to access an Origin server account from about 5 years ago. the charter account no longer use the charter account.
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

I see. ok, so you had Origin account registered with charter. account, but now you cannot access origin account, because you cannot access charter as well?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is correct, how can I re-register that account to a new email so I can access the material I have on the account?
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

was it a free account or did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Free, I just paid for the games and they are on that server for Origin.
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

ok, hereis what you can do:

Origin is a part of EA, and they have live chat support, talk to them and see if they can help

It is within the support contact options. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

1. Go to contact us

2. Press Origin/Your Platform/Manage my Account/Cant log in

3. Press Contact options

4. Scroll to chat and enter "Lost access to my account"

5. Press Chat now

Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

here is another link to their help site with more explanation: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

*******

Hope my answer was helpful , if you have any further questions please feel free to ask them, and if you are happy with the answer, please rate me 5 stars on top of the page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure where you went to Press Origin/Your Platform/Manage my Account/Cant log in. I get nothing like that when I get to the Origin link
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

just follow the second link i sent

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is where I started out and ended up with your service.
Expert:  UranMail replied 4 months ago.

then you clicked somewhere else.. i can connect to your computer and walk you thru if you 'd like

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am going to pass, thank you for the attempt. I am frustrated and going to bed. have a great day.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Would you still like assistance with this?

Please let me know