GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I have been trying to update my billing information for AOl,

Customer Question

I have been trying to update my billing information for AOl , I answered a security question about my mother's maiden name incorrectly I have been locked out for 24 hours and can't access my account. I typed "katrhryn Rader' all day. Unfortunately, I typed "Kathryn Rader ( her married name) instead of Kathryn Euwer. I have been locked out all day because of this error. I have tried changing my password ***** hoping this would work to no avail. All I want it to change the debit card info for the account. my husband died recently and I had to change my bank inforation but AOL has been uncooperative.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Since yesterday late in the day. All I want to do is change the payment information and I have been unable to access my email account in the middle of some important business dealings.
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: I am using a Microsoft operating syatem. Is this the answer to your system. I use WORD for most things.
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I first had the problem when I was on my iphone so I thought it was related to AT&T billing since I got a new bank account after my husband died and i assumed AT&T caused the problem with the bank. AT&T confirmed that nothing was wrong and I should have been able to get my email. Then I contacted COMCAST and I worked with them until they were able to confirm that they were not causing the problem. Then I called a Computer Help company and they walked me through a series of steps that showed that the problem is with AOL. and then I typed in my Mother's Married name instead or her Maiden name and now I have to wait 24 hours to get service. I need service to complete my business discussions. I also changee my password. The computer is about 6 years old.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. All i think I need to do is to change my billing information. I have been told by others that this is thw problem.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Those who have free AOL accounts are very limited in their options in this type of situation. They have no options other than to wait the required length of time for aol to unlock the account. Because you are a paid AOL member, you can initiate an online char with them by click ing on this link:

https://help.aol.com/contact/

<p style="margin:0in;line-height:15pt;font-family:Calibri;font-size:10.5pt;
color:black">and choosing the CHAT WITH US option. You will however, need to sign in to your AOL account. Are you able to do that at this time?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If you can't login to chat with them, please call AOL at 1-***-***-**** ASAP and explain the situation to them.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Have a great evening!