Email

My dad is visiting and forgot his google password. The phone…

Hi there - My...

Hi there - My dad is visiting and forgot his google password. The phone #'s he originally used as alternates are not in service. We had a verification code sent to my gmail account, but now on his phone, when he goes into google support, it comes up as my google account! Please help

Technician's... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

We just tried the verification code on my email today.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

He uses a tablet, but recently bought an iphone, which he'd like to use to access email

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We've tried all the options listed online to reset his password. A Telus tech today had his alternate phone # changed to my iphone #, which is where the verification code was sent.

4/27/2017
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Are you able to now sign into your dad's gmail account through the computer web browser - by going to gmail.com?

No, because again, he does not remember his password ***** (see original question)$39 not an option for him.

I did see your original question. If you go through the password ***** and his backup number is ***** set to your cell phone, you should be able to reset the password ***** the web.

Based on your connection , it sounds like your question is why your email is logged in on his phone. Is that not what you meant?

Sorry, yes that's correct. I did change his password ***** the verification code sent to my phone, but all it did was change my google password ***** we still can't access his***@******.*** accountCould we start again now? (I've reset my google account password)

Ok. Then all you need to do is go through the same process with his email. You have to do it from your browser.

When it asks you for the email address or phone number, you have to use the email address - if you use the phone number and you have that phone number on both, it will only know you are resetting his if you enter his account there.

Yes, you can start it again.

If you are logged in, just make sure you log out - click on the round icon when you go to gmail, and select log out.

Or sign out, I believe is what it says.

The verification code sent to me has expired

When you go through the reset on his account, it will send a new one.

When I go into gmail.com on MY browser, it asks me to sign in on MY gmail address. How do I get to HIS gmail address??Do I add him as an account?

There is a link below it that says "use a different account"

No. As I said, you want to have your email logged out.

Then when you go to gmail, it should show your account and have an option to use another account.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
On my screen it says my email address with "signed [email protected] underneath, then "Add account". There's no "choose another account"

I don't think you are seeing all of my replies. The first thing I mentioned was to select "sign out"

After you do that, the next time you go to gmail in the browser, it will show you your account and "use a different account"

Sorry I'm missing something. It says I'm signed out. Only option is to add account. I've just paid $39 for you to remote in, can you do that? Thanks
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you. how can
Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you. how can i retrieve my son google account ? (*************@gmail.com) … read more
Manohar VP
Manohar VP
Bcom
I am trying to get my dad's email to come up. I have two
I am trying to get my dad's email to come up. I have two verification codes but I don't know how to get there. … read more
Satheeshkumar S M
Satheeshkumar S M
Bachelor of Engineering
Nothing, really. I just switched from an android phone to an
Nothing, really. I just switched from an android phone to an I phone and am trying to set it up. Not good with modern technology, am afraid. … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
My dad's phone has been stolen and he does not remember his
Hi! My dad's phone has been stolen and he does not remember his password ***** is unable to get to his email. And he's worried that whoever stole his phone can access his email. What can he do? … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
Is this google? someone hacked my gmail can u help me. Phone
phone but he changed the email, phone number , name , all backup codes and just everything on there … read more
Karthik J
Karthik J
My son doesn't remember his aol password and he got a new
My son doesn't remember his aol password ***** he got a new iPhone today with a new cell number. How can you help me help him recover his aol password? … read more
Kent
Kent
Web Developer/Programmer,
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Just trying to get forgotten yahoo password & the iphone of
Hello.... just trying to get forgotten yahoo password & the iphone of my partner is locked out....***@******.*** … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
Can't change my password. Asks for a verification question
Can't change my password. Asks for a verification question which I know but asks for the month and year I started using Gmail. How ridiculous since it was many years ago. Sent request to Google and th… read more
John - Tech Expert
John - Tech Expert
Computing Network Management and Design
My son's phone crashed and he had to get a new one. His
my son's phone crashed and he had to get a new one. His email (gmail) was open on the old phone. It is saying we have to recover his gmail account. At the store they sent me (mom) verification codes w… read more
IT Manager,
Google won't let me use a new email address. Gmail. Web
I opened a new email address yesterday and now the password *****'t work. … read more
My dad is 87 years old. He set up a g-mail account several
My dad is 87 years old. He set up a g-mail account several years ago, but he can't remember his password. His recovery e-mail address belonged to my mom, who passed away two and a half years ago. He h… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
We are trying to recover my husband's gmail account. He has
We are trying to recover my husband's gmail account. He has a new phone and number, never updated his account settings so now he can't log into his account. … read more
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Engineer,
Electronics & communication engineering
Stop searching for answers—
My husband is trying to access his email and it keeps giving
my husband is trying to access his email and it keeps giving him an error that his password ***** ***** correct. … read more
My brother and I were making changes to an iPhone I gave him
Hi, my brother and I were making changes to an iPhone I gave him a year ago and now he cant find his emails. we've tried everything that was offered on "forgetting passwords or user name/verifying acc… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
My brother, Jon Thomson has an g-mail account under - he
James - my brother, Jon Thomson has an g-mail account under***@******.*** - he lost his job today and they took his cell phone so he doesn't have a cell phone - right now. He will soon. Whenever he us… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
My father, Jack Hilker, died in 2013. Since then, we've not
My father, Jack Hilker, died in 2013. Since then, we've not been able to get his email working. My mom would like to get her gmail working. We don't know my dad's login or password ***** would like to… read more
IT/Broadcast Engineer,
I am trying to setup a Tablet that I bought for my father in
I am trying to setup a Tablet that I bought for my father in law. He remembers his password ***** Gmail, but it doesn't work. So he obviously doesn't remember it correctly. But we just can't seem to d… read more
Yvette
Yvette
Bachelor of Science
I am locked out of my gmail - it is tied to my iphone and i
i am locked out of my gmail - it is tied to my iphone and i had to restore my my iphone to factory settings and forgot the password ***** my apple account so it was froze for my security, they sent th… read more
Senior Engineer,