Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have outlook for mac (version 2011) with a large email

Customer Question

I have outlook for mac (version 2011) with a large email that keeps trying to send. There's no outbox to delete it, using script in the app doesn't stop it, and it's still trying to send after two days. Help!
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since yesterday morning. I've tried an end script in the app utilities, tried shutting everything down and rebooting, going off line and trying to find it in the outbox (other mail shows up, but not this one) and it's still trying to send when I'm online. It's way too big--grabbed the wrong file in error. It's also gmail directed to Outlook, so I'm running out of ideas.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my computer (macbook pro) via our cable service wifi
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just wrote that all down-will copy again here--this is gmail directing to my outlook on mac: Since yesterday morning. I've tried an end script in the app utilities, tried shutting everything down and rebooting, going off line and trying to find it in the outbox (other mail shows up, but not this one) and it's still trying to send when I'm online. It's way too big--grabbed the wrong file in error. It's also gmail directed to Outlook, so I'm running out of ideas.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything. In a nutshell--it's gmail directed to MS Office/Outlook on a Macbook Pro with a large file that was attached in error. Has been repeatedly trying to send and I can't find a way to delete it. This version of Outlook does not have an Outbox where I could go in and delete it. Unless I'm offline in Outlook, it continues trying to send.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jay D replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jay, I have cancelled the account and cannot wait for a reply. Had lost track of time and have a prior engagement. I will reapply for membership and answers at a later time.
Expert:  Jay D replied 6 months ago.

Okay no problem, take care. Jay