Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was getting notifications that my settings didn't match. I…

Customer Question
Hi. I was getting...

Hi. I was getting notifications that my settings didn't match. I changed the password ***** now when I go to sign in it says there is trouble accessing my account.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No your the first person

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've re-eneterd my email address and changed the password.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
3/21/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Microsoft/Hotmail is currently having a nationwide outage with their email server and causing thousands of users to be "locked out" of their email account. The issue is being worked on by the Microsoft technicians and it should be fixed within the next 4 hours. Please wait up to 4 hours and see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved after 4 hours, please let me know so I can check on the outage for you.

Around 95% of the users have been restored access.

Please double check your account now and let me know if the issue continues.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.