Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  B.Tech, I have 10+ years of experience in fixing email issues.
33602187

I try to read my gmail messages on Eudora. I set up the

Customer Question

I try to read my gmail messages on Eudora. I set up the gmail pop settings by following the instruction on our website. I then set up my incoming and outgoing server in Eudora following the instruction I got from your website. After this is done, I tried to download my gmail emails in my Eudora, I got "could not connect to "pop.gmail.com" cause permission denied [10013] error message. Could you help me to resolve this issue? Thanks!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I just created my new gmail account a few minutes ago, and just tried that after the setup in Eudora and got this message. I tried to delete and recreate my gmail account in Eudora, and still got this message. Thanks!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: at home through Eudora on my home desktop. during the day, sometimes using my iphone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: double checked my setting in Gmail and delete & recreate my Gmail account in Eudora following the pop3 setting on the email client document on your website. I don't know what else I can do. This is the reason I thought I would ask the expert for help. Thanks!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all I have so far
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Which version of Windows are you running? 7,8, or 10?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows XP
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you walk me through step by step to resolve this issue instead of accessing to my computer? Thanks!

Actually if you are running XP, and having a 10013 error, the possibly causes of this are numerous, so there really isn't a "walk through"

A remote connection would be the fastest and easiest way to fix/diagnose this problem for you. I sent you an offer for remote services so i can connect and fix for you while you watch and communicate with me. There is a satisfaction guarantee. Would you like remote services?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would prefer not using remote services. Is there any other way that you can walk me through to trouble shoot this issue? thanks!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there? Thanks!
Expert:  Sandy replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you be able to help me to resolve this issue within next 30 minutes? Thanks!
Expert:  Sandy replied 8 months ago.

First, set up POP in Gmail

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings .
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  5. In the "POP Download" section, select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
  6. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I already did follow this instruction, but it still doesn't work - Please see the screen shot below -POP Download:
Learn more
1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 9:21 pm
Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
Expert:  Sandy replied 8 months ago.

Please do the following under Eudora settings:

Set "Secure Sockets when Receiving" to "Required, Alternate Port".

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Changed this in Eudora and still got an error message when trying to download the emails - could not connect to 'pop.gmail.com' Cause: permission denied [10013]
Expert:  Sandy replied 8 months ago.

Please do the following:

A. Turn off your anti-virus program and check Eudora downloads emails.

B. Turn off real-time scanning option as well under the anti-virus program settings

C. Login into your Gmail webmail account and delete useless/unwanted emails.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still doesn't work. Sorry I can't wait any longer with this issue. I do not want to do any more trouble shooting with this issue. Since this issue is not resolved, Will I still be charging for this request? From your website, it's 100% satisfaction. since this issue hasn't been resolved yet, I'm assuming that this is no charge to this. Is this correct? Thanks again for your help.