GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

A computer tech changed my password for my gmail account and

Customer Question

a computer tech changed my password ***** my gmail account and now I cannot get any emails for my business email that I use through gmail. can you help me?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 2 days after a computer tech got mad
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I was using microsoft outlook but I had to change my operating system to windows 7 and use gmail through a web browser i.e. google as Outlook quit working for invalid pop account numbers. Then I was using, getting and sending emails through gmail on a web brower until tech got mad and messed me up and I am locked out of my own google account, except for my person iphone email. but it does not get my other gmail account, only personal items.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried changing the pasword, but it just says contact your network tech person. He is the one that purposefully reset it so I would not get emails
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I just want to get and receive emails. I am out of business.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. I am really sorry that this happened to you. It would be my pleasure to help.

If the tech ONLY changed the password ***** should be able to reset it fairly easily. Hopefully the tech did not also change the answers to your security questions and the recovery email address and phone number.

To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:
Go to http://google.com and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need
Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on
'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it,
then click "Continue".
If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email
address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check
your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password.
If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the
opportunity to have a code texted to you.
If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for
details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was
created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer
these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the
account, you will be sent a link to reset your password.
When you have reset the password ***** you are logged into your account, please go to
settings and update your recovery email address, your phone number, and your security
questions. This will make it much easier for you to recover access to your account if you
forget your password ***** the
future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

.