Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

E lost my sbcglobal.net email no previous passwords will

e lost my sbcglobal.net email...
e lost my sbcglobal.net email no previous passwords will work to get my email back can you help?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: changed my password ***** 4 months ago because email was only receiving, not sending and now password ***** longer works i may have done something but not a techie so don't know what
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: my smart phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried every password ***** ever had, tried 2 AT&t stores, last store gave me a Yahoo address but that caused my sbc account to disappear on both my phone and computer
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
1/9/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

The full account is***@******.***. The problem that started this was the email kept receiving new mail but would not allow replies or new emails. At this point nothing had been changed. Tried resetting password ***** worked briefly but when it stopped we tried accessing old password ***** no longer worked either. From then on many tries by many people worked. Tonight AT&T technician tried to contact Digital Assistance Center but it was closed. I would like to have back SBC but I'm not computer sophisticated

Thank you for the information. Are you using a Windows computer to access your emails or a Mac? or a smartphone?

I have a Mac computer and an Apple IPhone 6

Can you please tell me the previous or last working password ***** this account?

I am now trying the reset process and it is asking for your family name.

The last password ***** linger0906

That password ***** ***** accepted. I am now trying the reset procedures. Can you please tell me your Last Name?

Babb

Thank you. Do you still have access to your yahoo email account that looks like this ==> p**********bb @ yahoo.com?

Or do you still use your mobile phone ending in 9716?

I no longer have any email accounts on my phone or computer. I just use my phone ending in 3716

But do you recognize that email address?

Can we try to recover that Yahoo email address first? Please tell me the part before the @yahoo.com. I am suggesting this because you said the phone number on your sbcglobal account is NO longer in use so the only possible option is the yahoo email.

Ok sure. Give me a minute or two

Please take your time

Thank you. Please give me a moment and see if we can recover this Yahoo account first.

Please give me some time since I believe Yahoo mail services are down at the moment

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
I must go to bed. Work very early. Will be home after 4 pm PDST tomorrow

Oh ok. We can resume with this by then. Thanks for your patience.

No problem whatsoever

Hope to hear from you tomorrow then

I am now at home if you care to continue

Ok, I am here. Let us now try the recovery of the yahoo email. Give me a moment

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist