Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

E lost my sbcglobal.net email no previous passwords will

e lost my sbcglobal.net email no previous passwords will work to get my email back can you help?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: changed my password ***** 4 months ago because email was only receiving, not sending and now password ***** longer works i may have done something but not a techie so don't know what
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: my smart phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried every password ***** ever had, tried 2 AT&t stores, last store gave me a Yahoo address but that caused my sbc account to disappear on both my phone and computer
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The full account is***@******.***. The problem that started this was the email kept receiving new mail but would not allow replies or new emails. At this point nothing had been changed. Tried resetting password ***** worked briefly but when it stopped we tried accessing old password ***** no longer worked either. From then on many tries by many people worked. Tonight AT&T technician tried to contact Digital Assistance Center but it was closed. I would like to have back SBC but I'm not computer sophisticated

Thank you for the information. Are you using a Windows computer to access your emails or a Mac? or a smartphone?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a Mac computer and an Apple IPhone 6

Can you please tell me the previous or last working password ***** this account?

I am now trying the reset process and it is asking for your family name.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The last password ***** linger0906

That password ***** ***** accepted. I am now trying the reset procedures. Can you please tell me your Last Name?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Babb

Thank you. Do you still have access to your yahoo email account that looks like this ==> p**********bb @ yahoo.com?

Or do you still use your mobile phone ending in 9716?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I no longer have any email accounts on my phone or computer. I just use my phone ending in 3716

But do you recognize that email address?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Can we try to recover that Yahoo email address first? Please tell me the part before the @yahoo.com. I am suggesting this because you said the phone number on your sbcglobal account is NO longer in use so the only possible option is the yahoo email.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok sure. Give me a minute or two

Please take your time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment and see if we can recover this Yahoo account first.

Please give me some time since I believe Yahoo mail services are down at the moment

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I must go to bed. Work very early. Will be home after 4 pm PDST tomorrow

Oh ok. We can resume with this by then. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No problem whatsoever

Hope to hear from you tomorrow then

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am now at home if you care to continue

Ok, I am here. Let us now try the recovery of the yahoo email. Give me a moment