syseng
syseng, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE) with over 18 years experience in configuration and troubleshooting
13852270

Messages are stripped out of older emails and the emails I

Customer Question

messages are stripped out of older emails and the emails I had in my groups are also removed ...
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Windos Live Mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  syseng replied 6 months ago.

My name is David.

If you store your email locally, the issue you describe could be related to file system corruption. So first please perform a scan of the disk to fix errors. To do this, depending upon which version of Windows you are running, click the Windows Start button, then click the Search box and type

CMD

in the Search box but do not press Enter. Then right click on the CMD icon that appears and click Run as Administrator. In the command window that opens type

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter.

Then when prompted to scan on reboot press the "Y" key and press Enter and then reboot.

Let chkdsk scan the file system and repair errors. After reboot, log in and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance. Also, if you are satisfied with the service please provide a positive rating.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your directions got me started although I had to look up how to do this with Windows 10 which is a little different. I am now running the scan of c drive. I'll let you know how it turns out.