Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I changed my password this morning on my laptop - have just

Customer Question

I changed my password ***** morning on my laptop - have just gone onto the ipad where I prefer to access my email and was asked for the new password ***** entered that and it came back 'mismatch' re enter password ***** have done this repeatedly but still not accepting the new password ***** suggestions!!
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: condier you're speaking with a dummy :) username is ***** ***** address yes? so that is unchanged.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I've reset the password ***** few times over the last 2 weeks solely because I can't get the ipad to accept the new password! Last time was thisd morning - got the new G number and reset the password ***** laptop but no joy with the ipad
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: sorry I prefer to use the ipad to collect email as I travel a bit and ipad is easier to take
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: didn't know I could on the ipad??
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to know how to get email again on my ipad - thanks you!
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. To confirm, your gmail email is working on your laptop, but it's not working on your iPad.

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your laptop?

- Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? I can check / fix your gmail account settings directly through your laptop first, then it will work on your iPad.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,