Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Well, I deleted the trash and spasm and then the trash

Customer Question

Well, I deleted the trash and spasm and then the trash again. When I went to my labelled folders, all my email was gone.....I really need some of them. How do I restore? Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Google
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through web browser and iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried looking at everything for restoration, sent a note to google and they said to contact gmail as did apple support
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is this happening on your Gmail account? If yes, have you tried to check the All Mail folder and see if the missing emails are still there?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did that and it now contains mail from this past week, not the 16,000 that got deleted. Your help is appreciated!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Please confirm: on the All Mail folder in your Gmail when accessed through a web browser like Safari, the only emails showing are those from this past week? And you have tons of emails missing? (Again, I am referring to accessing your email using a web browser like Safari)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I access my gmail through firefox. I did not go to Safari and try it. I'll do that now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still the same email from this past week. thoughts?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that confirmation. I believe the emails were deleted accidentally but since you also removed them from Trash, they could be gone forever.

Your last and only option here is to submit the recovery form that Google created in cases such as yours. This is only intended for emails missing due to being hacked but this will also work for accidentally deleted emails provided that the missing emails are still recoverable from the Gmail server.

Here is the link for the Google form to submit:

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd%3D1

Also, it will be worth trying to locate the missing emails using the web browser like Firefox that you mentioned. Please follow the procedures on this link:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7015314?hl=en

In the page above, please try the section under "Common Fixes" to see if your emails are still there but were just filtered or moved to Spam.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess