Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just received a call asking me to close my gmail account

Customer Question

I just received a call asking me to close my gmail account for 3 hours because it has been hacked and is being used all over the US. Caller said he was from GMail.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 5 minutes
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Laptop and iPhone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. I don't know how. My question is would gmail call me?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 9 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

A clear "NO" to your question, this is a SCAM that has been ongoing for a while. Have you given them any kind of information or gave them access to your computer already? Depending on what happened, we then should make a plan how to make sure they cannot do any harm to you...

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck