syseng
syseng, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE) with over 18 years experience in configuration and troubleshooting
13852270

I prob should have addressed this issue 6 months ago but

Customer Question

Hey James, I prob should have addressed this issue 6 months ago but when I started at my job my boss gave me the admin user name and password ***** update all of the company email accounts. Normally I do not need to use them but today my computer crashed and when I brought it back up for some reason I am locked out of my email and I no longer have the admin info I just had it saved in the password ***** What can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Gmail?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser mostly and then my phone as back up ( the phone is working ) just can't sign in on my computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: entered in the last known password ***** it told me to contact IT / ADMIN
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that would be all
Category: Email
Expert:  syseng replied 6 months ago.

My name is David.

Since the computer crashed, it could be that your profile files along with the file system may be corrupted.

First I would recommend performing a scan of the disk to fix errors. To do this, depending upon which version of Windows you are running, click the Windows Start button, then click the Search box and type

CMD

in the Search box but do not press Enter. Then right click on the CMD icon that appears and click Run as Administrator. In the command window that opens type

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter.

Then when prompted to scan on reboot press the "Y" key and press Enter and then reboot.

Let chkdsk scan the file system and repair errors. After reboot, log in and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance. Also, if you are satisfied with the service please provide a positive rating.

Thanks,

David.