Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have forgot my password for which is for my windows and

Customer Question
i have forgot my password...
i have forgot my password ********@******.*** which is for my windows and aps
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: it could have been 12 months ago
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: this is not my normel email it was set up just for this computa for windows my email is***@******.***
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I started about 3 month ago the maim one was online just as i have today but not with you so i cant realy name them
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just how i can reset it also the phone number seem to be my home number
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
1/5/2017
Email technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I checked your "*****@******.***" account. You can reset the current password ***** confirming your identity. To do that, you need to receive a verification code to a phone number associated with your account. The phone number on your account ends in 25

Do you recognize that phone number and is it still active?

Let me know,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think is an old number and that why i cant reset

You don't have that phone number any more?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no my mobile is(###) ###-####my home is 08 85751025 it looks like it could be a home number

OK. You should then able able to receive a verification code. Since that is a home number, I can request an automated machine to call you and say the code to you. Are you near the home phone now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but it keeps telling me it cant do that so i can only think tn number is ***** mine could you not use my mobile
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
or eaven my e-mail

For security reasons, only the associated number can be used. Once you access the account, you can add or change the phone numbers. I will now request an automated machine to call you. Once it does, write down the code and type it here to me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it. It says "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

Have you already attempted to get a code yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats what i tryed to tell you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is next

Were you able to get a code the first time you tried, or it just displayed that "There's a temporary problem with the service" message from the start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did get in and tried to answer questions but becouse I dont use it I could not give them enough info
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this was in November

Since you are not able to receive a verification code to the associated phone number, the only other verification method available is to answer multiple questions about your account so that the Outlook.com support can confirm you are the account owner. If you have already tried that, but it didn't work, you can try it again. Here is a link to it:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Try to remember the answers, and hopefully, this time it will work. Good luck!

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats ware I started today and got you so that was a wast of money and time not happy

I am out of further ideas, so I will opt-out and allow other Experts to take a look at this problem.

You will be notified when you receive a response.

Regards,

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist