Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I cant log in to my outlook account, a couple of e a couple

Customer Question
I cant log in to...
I cant log in to my outlook account
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: a couple of e a couple of weeks i can get it on my i phone but not my home Mac
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: usually on my phone but its quicker sometimes on my home computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just tried to log on through outlook or hotmail
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just want to be able to get e-mail on my home Mac
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
1/4/2017
Email technician: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 11 months ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know which error you are seeing when you try to login to your Outlook account?

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

its says the page is down for maintenance it has been saying that for a couple of weeks

Thank you, ***** ***** is it that it is saying that for? Is it www.outlook.com ?

yep

Which web browser are you using, Safari?

Thank you. Just to make sure, you can open www.outlook.com, but as soon as you try to login, you get that error? Or does it already happen if opening www.outlook.com without login in?

when i first open it tells me we are updating the terms and there is a box to hit NEXT i hit it it sends me to another page that says down for maintenance

Thanks. Can you access the account fine from your phone or do you get the same error there?

no i can get my mail on my phone but not on my mac

Can you please try for me to open the browser on your phone and go to www.outlook.com there and see if you can login fine? (Do not use the phones mail-app please).

no same thing as my mac

That is very odd, who is your internet provider?

ok i just got it on my phone
bell

OK, so you have logged in fine on your phone now to www.outlook.com?

but still cant o my mac

But you just got the same message like on your Mac a minute ago, right? What have you done different on the phone now so that you could login?

ok now im logged on dont get it havnt done anything different than the last 20 times i tried to log on

You are in your Mac now?

ya but its not working very good cant seem to do anything

What happens if you try to navigate around on outook.com now (after login in) ? Any error message?

it slowly is starting to get better ill give it a bit and see what happens

Very interesting, I guess this is a combination of your internet provider and outlook.com, there might be a routing issue on the way from you to outlook.com... If you wish, I can check this more in-depth via a remote-connection to your Mac. You´d have to let me know if you wish me to do that....

no ill see how things go first if it continues then i will

Good idea, let us do it like that... keep me posted how it goes please and if it still fails, I can spot the problem for sure via a remote-session.

ok thanks

If you need any more text-advise, just reply as well please.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist