Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I use a Macbook Pro but prefer Microsoft Office for email,

Customer Question

I use a Macbook Pro but prefer Microsoft Office for email, etc. Brighthouse Email Provider recently changed hands and is not called Spectrum. I can get my email on their server, but much prefer to use Outlook. Can you tell me how to switch the email from mail.brighthouse.com to Outlook with Office 2011?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: About 3 days.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through Outlook on my MacBook Pro Computer. I have no problem getting it on my iphone as usual.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've called Brighthouse/Spectrum - the provider and I have called Applecare. They both told me to call Microsoft since it is their product that I am using. I wish more people (includiing myself) knew both platforms.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 6 months ago.

So you just want to add the email to Outlook? You just need to add the account?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The account is still there in Outlook, but since Spectrum took over Brighthouse, I can only get mail on mail.brighthouse.com. I would like to get it back in Outlook.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is remote access necessary? Can't you just tell me in words?

I think remote is necessary because i have to test the settings. I do not have access to brighthouse, or spectrum so will need to test the servers.