Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Trying to connect a Pc and an older mac to a laser jet

Customer Question

Trying to connect a Pc and an older mac to a laser jet printer. The mac accepts only full-sized CD. Will you send me a full sized CD? James ****. JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running? Customer: Early 2008 Processor 2.4 GHz with 4 GB memory. Operating on OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.6 JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser? Customer: Web Browser JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: None. This Mac will not accept the small CDs JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you? Customer: Yes, I am 83 and not overly tech savvy Why should I have to pay to get a tea answer. A full sized CD is what I firmly believe is needed. I will happily pay the costs of mailing.

Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cris a professional technician on JustAnswer.com

I can gladly assist you with your question/issue. However there is a cost and want to make sure you are ok with that before we proceed. Just so you know you do not need a CD to install the printer.