Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How can I block unwanted emails? Outlook, On a desktop and

Customer Question

How can I block unwanted emails?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On a desktop and iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know how.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me the email address or account that you are using so that I can give you the detailed solution/procedures?

Also, are you using a web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome to access your email? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
using only outlook
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Can you please answer for me the second question? How do you access your @live.com email?

Also, if you are using a computer right now, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and demo to you the procedures while you watch on your screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I turn on the computer and go to the email icon or I get notification on my iphone.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Can you describe to me how this email icon looks? Is it an icon with blue "o" in it and part of an envelope?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I access the windows icon and under Life at a Glance, I open the emails.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

I just sent you the formal offer for remote acces. You can accept it if you want me to remotely access your computer to demo to you the procedures.

Can you please tell me what menu commands do you have in your Outlook? Do you have Home or File menu?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you send instructions to answer my request, I will gladly pay for it, If you cannot I will go elsewhere. You have one minute.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
goodbye
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

I just want to know what kind of Outlook you are using because there are 2 things that are called Outlook. One with the web and the other is the standalone program. Please answer my last question... Give me the menus that you see there in your Outlook

Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Is your Outlook screen similar to this picture below?

https://www.howto-outlook.com/pictures/outlook-2016-ribbon-colorful.png