Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to access my emails from my Outlook programme. I

Customer Question

I am unable to access my emails from my Outlook programme. I seem to have placed my outlook in my documents file somehow! (I think I have done this when I was transferring some photo attachments from an email). When I try to open the outlook programme now, it says "outlook data file cannot be accessed" What can I do to restore the Outlook programme to make it work properly?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: About 2 days
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I think it is Outlook. I am on BT internet
JA: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have opened the documents file, which shows the outlook files to be in documents, but this has a symbol against it, like a 'no entry' sign. I haven't tried any troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Help!!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason