Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I messed up and locked myself out of my gmail account, my

Customer Question

i messed up and locked myself out of my gmail account, my cell phone # is no longer good new service and phone # ,hoh can i get my gmail service back?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: since thanksgiving,hadna it guy out and he messed with it for over 2 hours doing the same things over and over again,told him to go on home i got frustrated,and gave up
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through my dell pc,im 70 years old and dont know what im doing.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went thru googlr prompts,used all the methods that was shown,to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but at your mercy,can this be fixed?
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

The guy you described as doing the same thing over and over and getting nowhere, may have hoped that would give him an idea (but it didn't, need we say.)

The fact is, what you have described is 100% standard-issue hopeless case, I'm sorry to say. The chances of getting your GMail account back are quite slim.

1: did you make any note of your password?

2: do you have any real reason to believe that someone changed your password? e.g. you shared your password, it was simple or just a few words at most, etc. ?