Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Trying to retrieve my password. The phone number I used to

Customer Question

Trying to retrieve my password. The phone number I used to established my email address I no longer have it and I have a new phone number. I need assistance to retrieve my password, please advice. Thank you
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: The first reset my password ***** first week of October when I was advise to change my password.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to retrieve my password ***** I have important contacts that I lost connection with, please help.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 7 months ago.

What have you tried so far to reset your password ***** what was the result?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It said to type in the missing numbers to my old phone, which I don't have anymore. I have a new phone number.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I do that any guarantee I'll retrieve my password
Expert:  Chris L. replied 7 months ago.

Which type of account is this, is it yahoo, gmail, or something else?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Trying to retrieve my password ***** Yahoo.com
Expert:  Chris L. replied 7 months ago.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online at the recovery page I just linked and it sounds like you tried that already. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you,

Chris