bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

If you remember my case, my email again frizzed. I can see

Customer Question

If you remember my case, my email again frizzed . I can see at Mail.com. Why it happen? How can I prevent?
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

I currently can´t see your previous case, can you be so kind to describe the exact issue you are having so that I can help you?

Please reply at the box below.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My gmail account stop working. Thus happen few times. I only use iPad, no other computer. Some say because low capacity. I need new or some accessory to instal.

Thank you for letting me know, since I am not experienced with such issues on an iPad (I thought you are on a PC), I will have to opt out of your question so that another expert with experience on that topic can help you instead. Thank you very much!

Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

> I can see at Mail.com.

> My gmail account stop working

Mail.com and Gmail.com are different email providers. Which one are you using and having problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still can see at mail.google.com. I am used to check mail at gmail but frozen offten.
Again, I only use iPad which about 7 years old.
I tried turnd off.
Offten I get " sign in I cloud " on screen.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

It seems you are using browser not the built-in Mail app to access Gmail on your iPad?

Please click below link and advise the version of your browser and operating system

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

If your "email again frizzed", are you able to easily press the iPad's Home button and switch to other apps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry, english is my second language.
I don't understand what you said here.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Okay, I just want to determine which way you are using to access Gmail on your iPad, via web, built-in Mail app or Gmail app? I am attaching 3 screenshots for your reference, please let me which one looks like your way to access Gmail. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As I said, I can still see in " mail.google.com "
But I want to use my original gmail site ( white envelop mark in blue square ) that is freeze.
Another problem is my iPad getting so slow. Is time to getting new computer?
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

> white envelop mark in blue square

I believe you are talking about the built-in Mail app of iOS, which looks like this on the iPad's home screen. Please confirm.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you for showing me photo. That is the problem. I just refreshed about month ago, then freezed again. Apple told me that because 1. Old iPad, 2. Low capacity.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Yes, your iPad is old and might be at low capacity, but what Apple didn't tell you is, you should stop updating your iPad otherwise the new iOS will kill the device at all.

I guess you started experiencing slow performance since iOS 9. If you kept updating your iPad, it would be slower and slower each time after a major update.

I don't mean generally speaking you should stop updating your iPad's OS, but Apple should tell users the truth about the performance decrease.

Okay, two solutions:

1. Log on Gmail via web using your Safari browser (not the built-in Mail app) and change Gmail settings to allow limited emails (e.g 1000) over IMAP. Please check here for the instructions. Then go back to your built-in Mail app and remove your Gmail account from the built-in Mail app and re-add it again.

2. Get a new iPad.

BTW, please check your iPad's free space from Settings > General > About or Storage, and let me know how much space is remaining.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, now I have a new iPad. One of my email, I don't remember pass word. What to do?
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.
As you remember, is your current cell phone number associated with your Gmail account? Similarly, do you have another email address if you registered with the Gmail?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to access the 2nd email address? If so, every tried resetting the password ***** the 2nd email address by asking Google to send a verification code the 2nd email address?