Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I talk with a person last night but was not in front of my

Customer Question
personal computer. i am...
i talk with a person last night but was not in front of my personal computer. i am now and the problem is that security has me shut out and i can not give the info required to get back on line with my hot mail e-mail account
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: for the past three days it says i am being used by someone else
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser on my desk top computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have followed what comes up on my screen when i try to sign in but i can not get the information they require for verification because it is in my e-mail account
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know how much this is going to cost me??
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: i thought e-mail was free it always has been but since the change to outlook it has been different and harder to use
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/23/2016
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem Hotmail account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my e-mail is under ***************

Thank you for the information. Please give me a moment to check the status of this account for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do not wish secure connect

Ok, are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows

Do you still remember the password ***** this account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lwj59531
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is my every day use account and i have had no problems with it until yestersay

I am very sorry about that. Now, it appears that the password ***** ***** But you need to verify your ownership first due to several failed login attempts. Someone could have tried to hack your account, so to protect your account, Hotmail triggered the verification.

Do you still have access to your mobile phone ending in 03? If yes, please give me the last 4 digits of your mobile phone

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is my land line phone i do not have a cell phone the number is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my name is lawrence ***************

Ok. Do you have the landline phone right now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
those failed attempt were mine when the access protocol changed to get into my account several days ago with out my knowledge to the
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my land line in my house is(###) ###-####

I am very sorry but the verification process is automated. Once it is triggered, it must be passed or you must be successful in it. I will initiate a reset now and you shall receive a voicemail giving you a code. Please give me the code

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
code is(###) ###-####

I was able to reset your account. Give me a moment

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just tried my account and it will not accept my password. what is going on?

I reset it, so I will be giving you the new password.

Here is the private note for you containing your password:

https://privnote.com/wJwaXqEe#Bpx3FutVa

That note will auto destruct after reading it, so please make sure to take note of the new password.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Were you able to login to your Hotmail now using the new password ***** assigned for you?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist