Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My husband (and I) had to change his password for his

Customer Question
My husband (and I) had...
My husband (and I) had to change his password ***** his hotmail account on the computer. He is unable to change his password ***** his iPhone. It gave him a message of Unable to Verify. So he tried to delete his hotmail account and then reinstall but now he has lost all of his calendar appts! And still can't get his hotmail email on his iPhone. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/21/2016
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

What now happens when he tries to add the account to his iphone?

What message does he get?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still says can't verify.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is on his iPhone, just to clarify. We can access his email on the computer fine.

ok, hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if he can now add it please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reset it, put in new password ***** still says "Outlook account Unable to verify account information."

ok, go to the app store and install the app Outlook

Can he sign into that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is downloading...

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it show up as an app? I downloaded it but can't find the icon.

yes, it will be on one of the pages as an app

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Got it. Entering his info now.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. So that worked.

has the calendar appointments returned?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No!

if you go to www.outlook.com

On the computer and sign in there, does he see his calendar entries?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually he is seeing appointments on app's calendar just not on iPhone's calendar
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we get these to come up now like it did before? On his iPhone's calendar app and on the Mail app?

I checked and no it has to be via this app, but the issue is Microsoft have a block on him for the phone so he is forced to use this app, this we have now confirmed, but if he waits 30 days the block will be lifted and he can add it back normally. Just for now he needs to use this app.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why do they have a block?

They never publish this but likely with the password ***** and suspicious activities.

The app authenticates more intensely and this is why they allow the app to work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you!

you're welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist