Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to access my gmail account over a week now.i

Customer Question

i am unable to access my gmail account over a week now.i changed my password ***** in my gmail account ,and to all intents it accepted it,until when i logged out and tried to enter it it was rejected.my old passowrd was 05cirrus06.I think the two part authentication did not come in as it should have.And i am now locked out of my gmail account.this is not helped by the fact that the email address that it sends my authentication too has been offline for almost 2 months now.www.pagelook.com is the email address in question.the website just says undergoing maintenance.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: over 1 week now,coming to two weeks.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through a web browser,but have accessed via my phone/tablet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried to access and it asked for password ***** i last was able to access,i enter my old password ***** it reports it has sent a authentication code to my email address of pagelook.com,but as i have said it is offline ,and has been for getting onto 2 months now,so i am unable to access the authentication code google sends to me to get access to my gmail account.i have another email account***@******.***,if you can send me a temporary link so that i can access my gmail account
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other that i need access to my account and would be grateful for that to occur asap.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 10 months ago.

",and to all intents it accepted it,until when i logged out and tried to enter it it was rejected.my old passowrd was 0"

What is THAT intended to mean? Did you log in or did you NOT log in? There are no "intents and purposes." I can't even imagine how you could go about measuring.

I don't have a tablet. When the doctor gives me tablets, I always drink a big cup of pure filtered water. It is important to drink plenty of water. And, NO, I am not a doctor, but I do know what one looks like . . . oh, and my dad and grandpa were physicians.

So, come again: WHAT EXACTLY are you "locked out of" and how is this actually affecting your quality of life?