Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am using Access 2016 to import the Contacts file of

Customer Question

I am using Access 2016 to import the Contacts file of Outlook 2016 (In Access - External Data tab- Outlook Folder-Link to data source-Select my Outlook file-select Contacts) but the Notes group within the contacts does not transfer. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem>
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Have you checked the CSV file with notepad or other text editor for the notes field?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not sure what you mean by checking the CSV file with notepad or text editor as I am not using the Outlook program to export to a CSV file, I am using the Access to perform the Import steps and as I said before,the Notes section of the Contacts file does not transfer when using Access, When using Access I take the following steps: In Access I set up a test file then I use the following - External Data Tab -More Icon-Outlook Folder Icon - Link to Data Source Button-Select my Outlook address - Select my Contacts Folder within my Outlook address-name the Access table-open the Access table. At this point all the contacts fields except the notes filed are transferred. So my question is do you have a solution as to how I can insure to include the notes from the contacts folder when the transfer occurs?
With reference to exporting from Outlook to a CSV file then going to Access and importing the file to Access, yes the notes file are transferred and even though you are linked back to the source table, you cannot make any changes to the Access records. It is a one way exchange - from Outlook to Access - not both ways. This process defeats the two way exchange I require. Look forward to your comments