Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I apparently have the wrong password written down for yahoo

Customer Question

I apparently have the wrong password ***** down for yahoo so I am unable to access my mail account. Could you please assist me in this endeavor. I was on the phone for several hours last evening with tech mart live costing me $299.00 and I still cannot access my account.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: a couple of days
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I generally just click the icon on my laptop and I aautomatically get into my mail account.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There were several changes made by the tech service as they said a great number of items had been turned off by someone making an attempt to get into my computer. I would like to just change the password ***** that I can get back into my account.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, They spent considerable time setting up the printer so that it would print as a network printer with no cables involved, it did work last evening , however, it did not work this morning as I tried to print the content of your help screen.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem Yahoo email address so that I can check its status and recovery options?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you awaiting an answer from me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not wish to spend any more mon ey on this issue. Please make the necessary changes with Yahoo, and I will do anything further here that must be done.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, I cannot make changes on your Yahoo account, no one can. Please tell me your Yahoo email address so that I can check its status and recovery options.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to check this account for you.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Is this Yahoo email of your just created recently?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am just trying to get into my e-mail account on yahoo. There are no specific e-mails in question, I just need to be able to access the file.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

I am asking if this "*****@******.***" was just created very recently. Or if it is a very old email address and you already have a lot of emails and contacts there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The latter is correct. I have had this account for more than 15 years.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Oh sorry to hear that. I have checked your email account recovery options and there was none. Unfortunately, there is really no way of recovering this email account. I know this is bad news to you but unfortunately, that is the truth on this matter.

By recovery options, I am referring to contact information that you must have added to your Yahoo account while you still have access to it. Then in times like this when you are unable to login, Yahoo will VERIFY your ownership by contacting you through such contact information. In your case, there was none added to your account so Yahoo has no way of verifying your account.

I am very sorry and I believe you need to create a new email account. If you want, I can directly assist you in creating an account for you, and installing an email program for you to use and providing your security information on the new email account so that this will never happen again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you saying that my e-mail account (donj446 @yahoo.com) no longer exists? I have hundreds of responders who have that as my e-mail address and I wouldn't even know who some of them are. How could this have happened?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

No. It is still existing and working but you need to remember the password ***** it. We cannot do the recovery or reset of the email account because there was no single security information your added to it like your mobile phone or your OTHER email address.

If you only provided a security information like your mobile phone when you were still able to access it, then I can initiate the reset process and Yahoo will send a code to your mobile phone. This is called verification which simply says like if you own the account, then you must have access to the phone. Then you enter the code that you received, and then you are allowed to CREATE a new password. That is how recovery information works.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can this be fixed? There are many contacts on that account that I need. Can't they use my land line phone # to verify that I am who I say I am and then provide me with a temporary password ***** I can then change if necessary.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

I know this is so frustrating for you but unfortunately, there is no way of recovering or fixing this. The main reason for this is because, in the Yahoo account, there was no security information added to it. That means there is no way to verify your ownership except for the password. That is, if you remember the password ***** the account, you will be able to login to your email.

You can give it a try yourself. I just hope you get a different results when I tried the recovery process from my end.

Here are the steps:

1. Using your web browser, go to this URL: http://mail.yahoo.com
  2. For the username, enter your full Yahoo email address
  3. Since you forgot the password, click on the "Forgot password" link
  4. See if you are given recovery options. In my case when I tried it a few minutes ago, it immediately reported that there is no way to recover the account or try again. It means that there were no recovery information added to it.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

How is it going? Did you get recovery options from your end when you clicked on "Forgot password" link?