Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8. I can't get it to

Customer Question

I use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8. I can't get it to start up. I click on the icon, and I get the small startup box. It thinks for a few minutes, then I get a box saying it can't start up, and that my disk might be full.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Shaw
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Internet Explorer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I googled, thinking others may have had the same problem. Otherwise, I didn't know what to try.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I briefly lost all of my desktop icons at the same time, but they have returned.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Did it work before? Or is this your first time to configure WLM with your email account at Shaw?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's worked well for about 3 years.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Okay, I guess you know how to configure the account by choosing Account menu then the Email button. Please double check your settings per the screenshots I provided below.

Please let me know anything different or unusual per your understanding.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know how to get to the Account menu
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Please check below the screenshot for how to do that, then you should be able to see the 1st screen I posted earlier.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't locate accounts
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello. The messages stopped at 2:46 AM MST, and I was unable to get a reply. I've since gotten my Live Mail back by going to a different help center.
I found 4 emails from JustAnswer, just like it says on our chat session. Since I was unable to access Live Mail (not even accounts), I was unable to try your solution. However, the solution I was given helped me retrieve the program. This may help you help someone else down the road:
1. Close down all running programs.
2. Right-click on the start button and select Computer Management.
3. Expand Services and applications in the left-hand-pane, then click on Services.
4. In the list of services, double-click on Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.
5. In the Startup type dropdown, select Automatic (Delayed Start).
6. Click OK, then close the Computer Management window.
7. Restart the computer and launch Windows Live Mail.
Expert:  bbao replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for replying so late. We are in different time zone and I am 16 hours ahead of you. :)

Thanks for the hint on auto-starting the service of Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.

How about now? Your WLM is working now?

Expert:  michelleclive replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Let me know when you could be online