Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I got a trojan horse type virus by clicking on a link from

Customer Question

I got a trojan horse type virus by clicking on a link from one of our clients yesterday. My email sent out the same thing to everyone on by contact list. I changed my password ***** once I found out.Today, all incoming mail is going to my Trash folder. I send my self and test and it said I was sending in a trashed conversion. What do I do?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I didn't reset the user name, only the password. I reset it last night at about 11 pm PDT.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing other than resetting the password ***** night. once i noticed i wasn't getting emails and found them in the trash, I contacted you.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, not at this point
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

What I would do is run a thorough scan on the computer to make sure it's clean and then go into your email and check all the settings to make sure nothing's been altered.

May I connect with you so I can have a look for you?

Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

You can reply to me by going to the bottom of the page