Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Who do I ask for help about my I-pad. When I try to open

Customer Question

Who do I ask for help about my I-pad. When I try to open the
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: When I try to open the App store or use Safari it tells me that it can't contact the server. All my other devices in the house work but not the Ipad
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On a tablet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know where to start. another thing, it seems that when I send an email from outlook, I don't get a reply, the reply goes to gmail. But my problem now is that the I-pad says it can't access the server
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Last year, when I was in the States, I couldn't send email to the through the telus.net server to another telus.net person so I downloaded the Gmail app and then used Gmail to send it. but as I said, now when I send email from the I-pad under telus.net the reply goes back to gmail which I don't see. I don't want to use gmail on my I-pad. So this is going to cost $5 to get straight. What if he can't help me with my problems. further what is stuck on Safari right now shows a web address with a lock on it. What's that about.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Is your iPad connected to your local Wi-Fi?

Please press the home button, then choose Settings > Wi-Fi to double check.