Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Changed my gmail password about 20 mins ago. Now I can no

Customer Question

Changed my gmail password ***** 20 mins ago. Now I can no longer login into my gmail account from Windows Live Mail.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just since I changed the password.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: First logged into Gmail from the Gmail login to ensure my new password ***** ***** It is.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Next I tried loggin in to my Gmail acct from within Windows Live Mail. Fails every time.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Did you get a warning notification email that requires you to update your Gmail information? I am asking this because you might have been a victim of phishing.

This is how phishing works:

1. You get an email warning you or threatening you to update your email info or else your email will be cancelled
  2. You follow the procedures in the email
  3. Then you fill out the current information and send or submit it
  4. The information was actually NOT sent to your email, but to the hacker who created the page that looks exactly like your email account. Thus it is called "phishing"

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it wasn't phishing. I updated my gmail password ***** now I can't login to it from Windows Live Mail anymore.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So are you still able to access your Gmail using your web browser?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Problem was due to using Gmail in a Tor browser session. Messed up my Gmail account. Seems to be resolved now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for writing back. I am glad that the issue is resolved now.