cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT and have been working in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

OMG, I am a senior citizen .. that explains a lot. somehow I

Customer Question

OMG, I am a senior citizen .. that explains a lot. somehow I got a message to change my password ***** I can't seem to do it. I answer the questions, except for the date that I started gmail..then give another email address it is comes up unverifable. Is there anything that someone can help me with? My kids tried but got same result. Is there a way to get back into my account. and if I had to cancel and then re=signup, could I keep my same address name? Please I am desparate and frustrated.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: It started Thursday or Friday I think. I have never had any other problems
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: If you mean to gmail, no. my "smart" phone and S4 has periodic updates but not in the last couple weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: onlly that I need help
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

How do you access your Gmail messages? Via web on a computer, or using a tablet or your phone?

Can you take picture of the message asking your change the password?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

I have a question? Did you get an email to change your password? Do not log in through that email. Go to www.gmail.com and see if you can log into your account that way. There is a lot of spam out there telling everyone to go through that email to change their password. Sometimes it is not through gmail. Please let me know if you can log into your account my typing in www.gmail.com

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

If it is spam then when you change your password ***** that email it lets a hacker get into your email. Keep me posted please.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Once you log into your regular email on the gmail.com site go ahead and change your password ***** in case the other email went through that told you to change it.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, do you still need help with this question about your email?