Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

For the past 2 days i have not been able to access my e-mail

Customer Question

For the past 2 days i have not been able to access my e-mail account. it keeps telling me the password ***** ***** even though i've had the same password ***** the past 9 months and never had any trouble, until now.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: my e-mail address is***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: i've don it through a browser, on my mac laptop, as well as on my desktop computer which is a regular PC, both are firefox
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: to get in, i clicked on the Forgot Your Password? prompt, and they texted me a code to get into my e-mail and was successful. i was asked if i wanted to change my password, and i did so. but when i exit my e-mail and then try to log back on, i get the same message Incorrect Password! I've tried this 2 or 3 times, and the same result!!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ok, and what do i do after that? when i minimize, all i see is someone's smiling face!!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I'm in hospital right now, and cannot talk at the moment. I'll guess I'll have to log in using the Forgot Your Password? route for the next couple of days, and then pick this up again when I'm at home and are free to talk!
Category: Email
Expert:  derrickonline replied 10 months ago.

Would you rather we chat on the phone about this? It might be easier.