Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

My windows live mail will not list my new email messages

Customer Question

my windows live mail will not list my new email messages when I open it up.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Brighthouse Road Runner. My email is***@******.*** and the messages appear to be coming in, and the listed incoming emails jump around, but do not show the new incoming emails on the list.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use my desktop computer where there is a Windows Live Mail icon on the computer screen that I just click on and it opens up with my incoming messages listed on screen.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just spent 30 minutes with a tech from Brighthouse who check the properties, server, etc. but still could not get a new message to show on my screen.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that there used to be mail that comes in and goes right to junk mail. But my junk mail file is empty. Again the numbers and the list of mail jumps around while downloading messages, but does NOT show up on the computer or in any of the folders.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Did the previous tech from Brighthouse restart your computer?

Does Roadrunner have a WEB BROWSER Based method of ALSO interacting with yoru Email account.

That means you use your INternet Explorer (or other browser) and login to your EMail account on a website that is maintained by Roadrunner......that allows you to view, open, send, reply etc etc, all of your emails?

actually i found it.

This is the login for cross checking what is being shown on their server.......and what your EMail client SHOULD be showing.

Make Sense?

https://webmail.cfl.rr.com/?v=bh_theme

And what you are using to view your Email is called an EMAIL CLIENT. It is actually a program, that interacts with the EMail server to allow you to interact wth your EMails. But the DEFAULT Email client that comes with Windows (called Windows Live Mail) is not the best. Its riddled with issues, and doesnt do really well on smaller types of ISP's/EMail Servers....such as BrightHouse.

I would suggest a Different Email Client altogether.....Maybe Mozilla Thunderbird, or Microsoft Outlook.

But the default Email client in Windows......Eh....I wouldnt expect too much from it.

As a Professional....I dont use Email clients at all.

Why?

Because you MUST have internet access to get Emails anywyas......and I want the same experience Every time.....no matter WHAT computer I Use.......so i resort to ONLY Using the Web Browser Based Version of Interacting with My Email.

No matter what computer you use.....the web browser based format will always look the same.

If you borrow a friends computer, or use a work computer.....the browser must use the SAME protocols to access. Resulting in the Same exact format and visual experience.

But thats me.

This does impart some luxury deficiencies that would otherwise be very useful.

But in the owrld of IT, unless you write your own code, you will sacrifice one aspect for another.