Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I am getting box that is asking me to enter a user name and

Customer Question

Hi. I am getting box that is asking me to enter a user name and password ***** a server. I guess I don't remember the pass word. Is this my aol password?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: A couple of months?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 10 months ago.

Is it possible for you upload a screenshot showing the message asking you for username and password?

Expert:  syseng replied 10 months ago.

My name is David.

Please connect to AOL at the link below using your computer (not your phone) and attempt to login.

click here

If you are able to login from your computer and if the computer's web browser automatically fills in your user name and password, you can find out your user name and password ***** accessing the auto login settings of your computer's web browser. If you need further instructions on retrieving your password ***** errors appear when attempting to login from your computer please let me know.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 10 months ago.

To reset your password:

1. Visit i.aol.com.
  2. On the Sign In screen, under the Password ***** click the Forgot Password? link.

3. Enter your AOL Username or email address in the Username or Email field.
  4. In the second field, enter the words or characters you see displayed in the image and then click Next.

5. Next, we'll need to verify that this account belongs to you. Under Verify this is your account, select a confirmation option. For more information, see our Account Verification Options article.

Note: In some cases you may be asked to choose an additional option. If you need further assistance, please call AOL Customer Support Team at 1-***-***-**** Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.

6. You can now reset your password. Reset your password ***** typing a new password ***** the New Password box, and then re-typing your new password ***** the Retype New Password box. Your password ***** ***** and must be 8 to 16 characters long.
  7. Click Next.

8. Your password ***** been reset. Click Done to sign in with your new password.