Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I sent an email that arrives garbled! There are about 50

Customer Question
Hi! I sent an...
Hi! I sent an email that arrives garbled! There are about 50 recipients. I originally attached a .pdf file then I just copied the image and pasted it into the email and it still gets garbled! Help!
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser to compose, send and read. Sometimes I access it just to read on my phone when I am not home.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know where to begin....so none.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure how to answer that question.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/9/2016
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 year ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Please advise your operating system and its version. More importantly, could you please post a screenshot telling what kind of garbled things are there? You know, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10 Version 1607. "
***@******.***" <*****@******.***>
Cc: "*****@******.***" <*****@******.***>
From: <*****@******.***>
Subject: 2016 Cottage Craft Show
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 21:33:17 -0500
Importance: normal
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_99AE33CA-C4B9-4504-A691-C89F4D875F4E_"--_99AE33CA-C4B9-4504-A691-C89F4D875F4E_
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_595B92E8-26B6-4BB2-81EB-8A166AE3F0AD_"--_595B92E8-26B6-4BB2-81EB-8A166AE3F0AD_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"Due to a glitch with my Gmail the earlier emails were garbled so I am sendi=
ng this again!Hope to see you again this year!CharlieSent from Mail for Windows 10--_595B92E8-26B6-4BB2-81EB-8A166AE3F0AD_
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=
=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft=
Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#defaul=
t#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the $39 to securely connect in addition to the $5 deposit and $37 charge originally stated???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?

Yes, I am here.

As I don't do any billing things, I don't know your other charges, but I do know $39 fee for remote assistance is an extra charge on top of others.

It seems you are using built-in Mail app of Windows 10 to access your Gmail.

What's the language of your Windows 10? Not English?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
English. I do not want to pay more...disappointed it's not included in the original quote.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I first got to your site it said a $5 good faith deposit and when I was satisfied with the answer/fix they would bill the remaining $37. Now you are telling me that it would cost another $39....so no.

I do understand that. Sorry that's how the website works here. We are not a free service. We are a paid professional service with 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

That's alright if you don't choose extra services, I am more than happy to help you here with the Q&A page until the issue fixed.

It seems you copied and pasted the email source here. Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot, rather than copied text, so I can have a better understanding about what kind of decoding issue it is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand...don't mind paying for help but it seems high to me. Anyway...I appreciate the help. I would have to do many screenshots and it is very long. How do I do that?

If you don't know how to take a screenshot, please check below site for instructions and steps.

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

If you don't know how to upload a screenshot here, please click the "+" sign beside your Send or Submit button of chat window below.

BTW, it is not necessary to upload many screenshots here, just the email header and a few shots of the body where garbled characters are shown. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I do Alt Print Screen the Cntrl V it does not paste anything.

Are you using a laptop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No...a desktop.

Please double check your keyboard to make sure no extra key is required for PrtScr. If you are not using a full keyboard with your desktop PC, you might need some keys like Fn to make sure the PrtScr workable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using a full keyboard.

As you are using Windows 10, simply forget the keyboard way, use Windows Snipping Tool to take screenshots and write comments.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Original Message-----
From: charleenrinehart <*****@******.***>
To: vanasdaleria <*****@******.***>; <>
Sent: Tue, Nov 8, 2016 9:39 pmFrom: <*****@******.***>
Subject: 2016 Cottage Craft Show
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 21:39:28 -0500
Importance: normal
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_D38A4384-3CAF-436A-A881-176257347B2F_"--_D38A4384-3CAF-436A-A881-176257347B2F_
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_E0A2A1DB-4008-491E-89BD-34CF01FC8F1B_"--_E0A2A1DB-4008-491E-89BD-34CF01FC8F1B_
ng this again!Hope to see you again this year!CharlieI can Cntrl C the Cntrl V which is what I did above...does that help?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The email has roughly 50 recipients.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get the Windows Snipping tool.....I do not see it anywhere.

Sorry, the above is email source again, not screenshot. Please post a screenshot (image) instead of pasting the text here. Yo also no need to paste all recipients, just a few are significant as they are the same.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to find the Snipping tool but it still will not paste into this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I need to save the snip as a file?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I did do a secure connection would we be able to talk by phone during the session?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry....but I cannot continue to pursue this issue with you....it is taking more time than I have right now. It is nothing you have done I am just under a tight time constraint. Please cancel this session.
Email technician: Bruce Wilner,
 replied 1 year ago
Bruce Wilner

Humor me. What exactly do you mean by garbled? Can you e-mail the message (plus attachment) TO YOURSELF, pull it up on the screen, take a screen capture, and glue it into the Messages stream?

By the way, wonderful, convenient, FREE screen-capture software is to be found at SnagIt!.

We do not need to engage in expensive, time-wasting remote sessions and what-not.

Email technician: flopcat98, Consultant replied 1 year ago
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

make sure that you are sending the email as an html file

if it is sent as text the picture will be converted into the bits that make up the picture and it will look like garbage

flopcat98
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant