Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My passwords to yahoo e-mail were recently scrambled by

Customer Question

My passwords to yahoo e-mail were recently scrambled by hackers and I no longer can log in.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: about 3 weeks or so, after the forign hack attack
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried yahoos' recovery program but It requires me to log in which I no longe can
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of right now
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your Yahoo email address so that I can check its status and recovery options?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information. Please give me a moment to check its status and recovery options

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry for delay on telephone with an justanswer operator
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Can you please tell me your previously used password ***** this Yahoo account?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I attempted to log into my yahoo.com e-mail account without success just before I called just answer.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Ok then, your known password ***** not be helpful.

I am trying the reset process and you have a recovery email on file shown below:

p******61 @ gmail.com

Do you recognize this email? If yes, do you still have access to this email?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but I no longer can log into that account the pass word no longer operates there either. Do to past issues (I was an interstate truck driver) I had to close all other accounts except my Yahoo account.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I even tried to get back into my old Hot mail account same issue results as above.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me the full Gmail address then so that I can check it too? It will be easier to recover your Yahoo account if you can access the associated Gmail account.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I no longer remember. That account is/was more than 15 years ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it was***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. If we cannot access your Gmail account, recovery of the Yahoo account will be close to impossible. The reason? You need to pass its online verification process -- you need to provide matching information about your account. Failure to do so means being locked out from the account for good.

Did you use an email program like MS Outlook to download and store your emails in your computer? Or was just using a web browser all the time?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

For the Gmail account, do you recognize this mobile phone number?

(•••) •••-••62

If yes, do you still have this mobile phone?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it was a web browser. I have had that yahoo account for almost 20 years. I attempted to use yahoo's recovery program but hit a blank wall.
The number you are asking for is my main landline I think.(###) ###-#### I no longer have a cell phone, That was provided by the company I was working for at the time and was closed when I retired in 2012
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

This is your Gmail security question:

What was your first phone number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this number is/was my home phone number when I was a youth living at my parents home in Arkansas. The 501 portion has been changed now I think.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, the Gmail account is no longer recoverable due to the missing recovery information on the account. And so with your Yahoo Mail account. I am really sorry about this but your best chance of recovering it is through the recovery email which is unfortunately no longer active.

Your last option is to submit the recovery form. I believe you have done it already, right?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
as it required me to log in I was unable to comply due to the scrambled password.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Beginning to look like I am going to have to start a new yahoo account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($5) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

However, the success of this recovery does not depend on me. I should tell you that upfront. The success on the recovery solely depends on the information you provide in the recovery form.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Right now I cannot afford any further payments as I am on social security and funds are almost gone for this month.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry if I was not able to help. It should be the remote session with you that could conclude if recovery is possible or not.

Anyhow, we guarantee our service and you can process if refund if you want. Here is the link about refunding:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess