Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received an urgent message from Microsoft that my computer…

Customer Question
I received an urgent...

I received an urgent message from Microsoft that my computer had been infected by a malware.I was given a number to call but in making the call decided to end it because i was not sure that i was speaking to a microsoft representative.How do you determine the legitimacy of the call

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Dell Inspiron not sure of the model and windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not really any.Only made the call i referred to but cut it off.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
11/8/2016
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a fake message. It was a scam in order to get your money and/or your information in order to do frauds. Microsoft and any legitimate company would never call you automatically for any computer support. When you have a computer issue, you would contact a support company yourself.

Please always ignore any email message or popup message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need help with any computer issue today?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,